About this website
The Leukaemia & Blood Foundation (LBF) understands the importance the community places on the preservation of confidentiality of individuals' private and/or sensitive information. As a result, the LBF is bound by, and fully committed to supporting, the Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1993. This sets out guidelines which control how organisations should treat personal and/or sensitive information they collect, use, handle or store.
The LBF also supports the Code of Practice for Direct Marketing in New Zealand.
Personal information collected from this website, or as a result of direct mail campaigns, will be held by the Leukaemia & Blood Foundation of 6 Claude Road, Epsom, Auckland 1023. The information will only be used for the primary purpose for which it was collected. The LBF will not sell, or exchange, or release, personal information about an individual for commercial gain.
In accordance with the legislation, the LBF takes reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. The LBF also takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Information collected and held on an individual through the website, or direct mail initiatives of the Foundation, is accessible to them on request.
If you would like to access, amend, or correct that information, or you would no longer like to receive communications from the LBF, please email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0800 15 10 15.
All design elements, code, and contents of this website are the property of the Leukaemia & Blood Foundation (LBF), or the copyright owner as indicated. Content over which the LBF holds copyright may be reproduced in any medium for personal use without requiring specific permission, subject to the content being reproduced accurately and not being used in a misleading way. The source and copyright status must be acknowledged.
Content on this site which is not owned by the LBF must not be reproduced without permission from the copyright owner.
* By accessing or using the Leukaemia & Blood Foundation (LBF) website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions of use as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time.
* We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated, any new features including new content, and/or the release of new interactive tools or downloadable resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
* Unless otherwise specified, the materials published on our website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and use of all information contained within it. For more information, see the Disclaimer paragraph below.
* The Leukaemia & Blood Foundation (LBF) makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may access through our website, or which may link to our website. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from the LBF and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. The LBF does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of any website you link to. The LBF shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to be caused, by, or in, connection with use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on, or through, any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator.
* We will try to ensure our website is available and accessible but cannot guarantee that it will operate continuously, or without interruptions, or be error-free, and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website. In particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router, or any other internet-connected device.
Information on the Leukaemia & Blood Foundation (LBF) website about diseases, treatments and general matters has been written and edited by LBF support service staff (haematology nurses), specialist health professionals, clinical haematologists, patients and carers. The LBF makes every effort to ensure the information provided is as up-to-date and accurate as possible, however, the Foundation does not accept liability for misinterpreted or incorrect information. It is also not the intention of the LBF to recommend any particular form of treatment. At all times you need to discuss the information on this website, or from any other source, with your doctors or health team, given your unique situation and status.
For information about Direct Payment Solutions (DPS) the company that process all of our online donations, please click here.
The LBF will be happy to assist if you have incorrectly typed your donation amount and need to change it. Please just call us on 0800 15 10 15 or email email@example.com with details. Thank you.